For the electric vehicle motorist
Polar Instant allows you to simply and instantaneously access a national estate of charging points simply from your smart phone. There is a version for iPhone and also for Android phone. You do not need to bother with an advance registration process and or an RFID card. Hundreds of charging points are available across the country including a number of rapid chargers. Many of the charging points are free to use and the chargeable ones have the tariff clearly shown on your smartphone.
This is simply how it works:
- Download the Polar Instant app onto your smartphone. It is free. Register as a user on the app and add some credit to your account using a credit/debit card.
- Simply search, using the built in navigation facility, for the charge point that you wish to use.
- When you are at the charging point press the start charge button and select the charger you would like to connect to when prompted. Wait for the app to connect to the post and then plug in your vehicle as displayed on the charging point. Within seconds your car will start charging – it’s as easy as that!
- When your charging session is coming to an end simply press the button on your app saying “Stop charge” and a signal will be sent to the charge point to finish the charge and release your cable.
- You will then be sent to a summary page which will display on your smartphone the cost (if any) of the charge, your energy usage, the time spent charging and the site details.
© bp Chargemaster. All rights reserved. 2020