For the electric vehicle motorist
POLAR Instant allows you to simply and instantaneously access a national estate of charging points simply from your smart phone. There is a version for iPhone and also for Android phone. You do not need to bother with an advance registration process and or an RFID card. Hundreds of charging points are available across the country including a number of rapid chargers. Many of the charging points are free to use and the chargeable ones have the tariff clearly shown on your smartphone.
The Polar Instant iPhone app is available to download now on the App Store. The Android App will be available on Google Play in mid-May
This is simply how it works:
- Download the POLAR Instant app onto your smartphone. It is free. Register as a user on the app and add some credit to your account using a credit/debit card.
- Simply search, using the built in navigation facility, for the charge point that you wish to use.
- When you are at the charging point press the start charge button on the App and plug your vehicle in. Within seconds your car will start charging – it’s as easy as that.
- When your charging session is coming to an end simply press the button on your app saying “Stop charge” and a signal will be sent to the charge point to finish the charge and release your cable.
- You will then be sent a message which will display on your smartphone the cost (if any) of the charge and your account balance.